Pre-Osteopathy health Science
You may apply online or download an application to be completed and mailed in to the University of Hartford.
Applicants to the Health Science Pre-Osteopathy articulation program between the University of Hartford (UH) and the University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM) must demonstrate outstanding academic potential, maturity, and motivation for the pursuit of osteopathic studies.
Acceptance to the program will normally require a student to:
- Maintain at least a 3.5 in the sciences and over-all during first three years of high school
- Rank in the upper 20 percent of their high school class.
- Obtain a combined score of at least 1250 (Verbal and Math) on the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
Admission to UNECOM's Doctor of Osteopathy program, is ultimately, decided by UNECOM. In order to be eligible for admission a student must:
- Send a letter of intent to UNECOM upon matriculation at UH.
- Complete at least ninety (90) credits of coursework including necessary prerequisites by the end of the third year at UH
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.4* overall, with a minimum grade of C in all required courses.
- Submit an application for admission to UNECOM at the end of the second year of pre-professional studies at the UH.
- Show satisfactory performance on the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) or any other examinations required by UNECOM. (26 on the MCAT)
- Obtain a recommendation for admission to UNECOM from the Premedical Professions Advisory Committee at the University of Hartford.
- Complete a satisfactory interview with UNECOM's Admissions Committee and participate in any orientation programs required by UNECOM.
* The University of Hartford's course repeat policy will not apply to the calculation of the cumulative and science GPA.