Pre-Pharmacy Health Science Program
Applicants to the Health Science Pre-Pharmacy articulation program between the University of Hartford (UH) and the Notre Dame of Maryland University School of Pharmacy (NDM-SOP) must be academically outstanding students with a strong realistic motivation towards the pharmacy profession.
Acceptance to the program will normally require a student to:
- Maintain at least a B average overall and in the sciences during the first three years of high school.
- Rank in the upper ten percent of their high school class.
- Obtain a combined score of at least 1100 (Verbal and Math) on the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
To be eligible for admission to NDM-SOP, a student must:
- Send a letter of intent to NDM-SOP upon matriculation at the University of Hartford (UH).
- Complete at least ninety (90) credits of coursework, including all necessary prerequisites, by the end of the third year at UH.
- Achieve a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.25 overall, with a 3.25 in the sciences.
- Submit an application for admission to NDM-SOP at the beginning of the final year of pre-professional studies at UH.
- Show satisfactory performance on the Pharmacy College Admissions Test (PCAT).
- Obtain a recommendation for admission to NDM-SOP from the Health Science, pre-pharmacy advisor and/or a letter of recommendation from the University Premedical Professional Advisory Committee.
- Complete all application procedures including a satisfactory interview with members of the Admissions Committee at NDM-SOP
Contact the Office of Admission and Financial Aid: