Pre-Podiatry Health Science
You may apply online or download an application to be completed and mailed in to the University of Hartford.
Applicants to the Health Science Pre-Podiatry articulation program between the University of Hartford (UH) and New York College of Podiatric Medicine (NYCPM) must demonstrate outstanding academic potential, maturity, and motivation for the pursuit of podiatric studies.
Acceptance to the program will normally require a student to:
- Maintain at least a B average overall and in the sciences during their first three years of high school.
- Rank in the upper twenty percent of their high school class.
- Obtain a combined score of at least 1000 (Verbal and Math) on the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
To be eligible for admission to the NYCPM Doctor of Podiatric Medicine program, a student must:
- Send a letter of intent to NYCPM upon matriculation at the University of Hartford (UH).
- Complete at least ninety (90) credits of coursework including necessary prerequisites by the end of the third year at the University of Hartford.
- Maintain a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.00 overall, with a minimum grade of C in all required courses.
- Submit an application for admission to NYCPM at the end of the second year of pre-professional studies at the UH.
- Show satisfactory performance on a professional school admission test (MCAT or DAT) or any other examination required by NYCPM.
- Obtain a recommendation for admission to NYCPM from the Premedical Professions Advisory Committee at the University of Hartford.
- Complete a satisfactory interview with NYCPM's Admissions Committee and participate in any Orientation programs required by NYCPM.