Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society
Iota Upsilon Chapter-at-Large
The Iota Upsilon Chapter-at-Large of Sigma Theta Tau, the international honor society of nursing, obtained its charter in 1985 at the University of Hartford. Mary Schulze, who served as a faculty member in nursing from the inception of the nursing program to 1999, attributes the success of starting a University of Hartford chapter to the hard work and dedication of B.S.N. alumna Debra K. Pasquale. Today, Pasquale
serves on the College of Education, Nursing and Health Professions' Board of Visitors.
While the chapter originated on the University of Hartford campus, today it includes the University of Saint Joseph and Central Connecticut State University.
- Anne Marie Buonocore - President
- Joan Cover - Vice-President, representing University of Hartford
- Meg Levvis - Vice-President, representing Central Connecticut State University
- Carin Tripodena - Vice-President, representing University of Saint Joseph
- Jennifer Allis Vasquez - Secretary
- Elizabeth Welk - Treasurer
- Chlo-Anne Gonsalves - Leadership Succession Chair
- Kendra Capen Riley - Governance Chair
- Susan Diehl - University of Hartford
- Melissa Coleman - Central Connecticut State University
- Kim Joreg - University of Saint Joseph
Regular meetings are held the first Monday of the month at 6:00 p.m. in the nursing department on the second floor of McDonough Hall at Saint Joseph College. Any member is welcome to attend.