Connecticut STEM Conference
The fourth annual conference on October 5 drew over 400 educators from throughout the region at the exciting Connecticut Science Center to explore and discuss classroom ideas and innovations for STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) curricula. Featuring 28 workshops, 10 exhibitors, and 57 presenters, it was our largest conference yet!
- View photos
- View Storify
- Watch a short video on the conference produced by the Hartford Courant
- View full list of conference keynotes and workshops
TWO keynote speakers HIGHLIGHTED THE CONFERENCE
Bruce Dixon is an educational innovator, social entrepreneur, youth advocate, former corporate director, motivational speaker and current Chief Executive Officer of the Connecticut Pre-Engineering Program (CPEP).
Dixon's keynote at the 2015 Connecticut STEM Conference was titled, "STEMovation."
Ainissa Ramirez is a self-described science evangelist who is passionate about getting the general public excited about science. She co-authored Newton’s Football: The Science Behind America’s Game and authored Save Our Science: How to Inspire a New Generation of Scientists.
- Bloomfield Public Schools
- Connecticut Science Center
- Hartford Public Schools
- University of Hartford’s College of Education, Nursing and Health Professions
- West Hartford Public Schools
- Texas Instruments