Institute for Translational Research
The Institute for Translational Research (ITR) in the College of Education, Nursing, and Health Professions was chartered by the University in 2010. It supports ENHP’s vision—to become a national model for the integration of education and health sciences with community engagement—by facilitating scholarly initiatives in collaboration with a broad range of local, regional, national, and international health and education partners.
Translational investigations—those that are designed to “translate” scientific results into relevant outcomes and invite constituent communities to inform science's directions—are conducted through three distinct but integrated content centers that reflect the college's disciplinary foci:
- The Center for Health, Care, and Well-being
- The Center for Learning and Professional Education
- The Center for Leadership in Education and Health
- The Technology and Inquiry Laboratory
- The Clinical Simulation Resource Center
- The Esphyr Slobodkina Urquhart Reading Room
View ITR Annual Reports here and ITR photos here.
For more information on the Institute for Translational Research, contact Kevin Ball, associate dean for research and community, at 860.768.5806 or firstname.lastname@example.org.