Facilities is responsible for all facility-related functions throughout the University of Hartford. Our twelve departments manage custodial, grounds, routine maintenance, furniture, construction, renovations, trash control and emergency response services.
Contact us if you have questions or to let us know of any work you need done in your area. Use the information below to determine how to arrange for our services.
Types of Service Needs
- Emergency/Priority - Any issues that threaten safety or might cause further facility damage should be considered emergencies. Facilities staff members are available 24 hours a day to respond to these priority situations. Leaks, overflows, no heat, no electricity, and broken locks are examples of needs that should be reported right away, no matter what time of day it is.
- Routine - A burnt out light bulb, disassembled towel bar, broken cabinet door, or a sticky lock are examples of routine items and can be reported to our department in any of the methods listed. These requests are given to the appropriate trade for attention and prioritized based upon the seriousness of the issue.
- Non-Routine - Requests in this category typically fall outside of Facilities' routine, planned coverage. Special event set-up/breakdown/clean-up, renovations or larger office moves are examples of non-routine requests. For these items, contact our office well in advance to make arrangements and coordinate with a Facilities staff member. Where applicable, costs associated with non-routine work are charged back to the requestor. In addition, non-routine work associated with damage/vandalism repairs and unexpected 'area recovery' are charged to responsible parties
- Residence Hall Furniture - Contact us about any issues related to furniture in the residence halls. Typically someone will be sent to inspect the issue within two business days to determine the needed repair/replacement that is needed.
- Card Encoding - Facilities is responsible for encoding ID cards for electronic lock access on the academic side of campus. When the Lock Shop receives approved access request forms, they will email either the Department Chair or Office Coordinator to let them know so they can inform the specific individuals to come down to Facilities. The access request forms can be found here (titled Room Access Request Form for Interior Electronic Locks).
- Computer/Internet/Telephone/Cable TV - For any computer/internet, telephone, or cable TV issues, please contact Information Technology Services (ITS) directly at 860.768.4357 or toll free at 844.292.3213. See their website for additional information on the services they provide.
- Laundry - Washers and dryers are provided for your convenience in various locations within the residential areas. Your assistance in reporting malfunctions to MacGray is critical in ensuring that these machines are maintained in good working order. You can submit a request online here for any washer/dryer issues or you can call 1.800.622.4729.