On March 14, 2013, the University of Hartford celebrated TAG (Thank-A-Giver) Day. Hundreds of red tags appeared all over campus, each one hung on an item that would not be here if not for the generous support of the University of Hartford community. While tuition and fees funds about 75% of the university’s operating budget, we receive the other 25% from additional funding sources which includes generous donations from alumni, friends, parents, students, faculty and staff.
The donations made to the University of Hartford play an integral part in the life of the institution. Every day, donors are excited to hear about the success stories from campus and make contributions to be sure everyone who wants to experience life as a Hartford Hawk can. Whether it's the C-Pod where you work on your class project, the building you attend class in every day, or even the financial assistance you or your friends receive, gifts made by our expansive U of H community make the difference.
Although some donations get more recognition than others (like the ones that fund building projects), the red tags were our chance to highlight the importance of all the charitable contributions made by all our donors. As people walked across campus they took note of the red tags adorning various objects, landmarks and buildings around the university, trying to imagine what the University of Hartford would be like without them.