Billing/Methods of Payment
Utility NavTop NavContentLeft NavSite SearchSite SearchSite Search

Billing/Methods of Payment


Early registration is encouraged. There is a nonrefundable $30 registration fee per semester (summer) and a $25 technology fee for all participants. You may register online on the Hartt Summerterm Registration website. Students who wish to register on campus may do so at the Student Administrative Services Center (SASC) office, located in the Auerbach Computer and Administration Center, during business hours. It is critical that registrants verify their current addresses and phone numbers that appear on the front page of the registration form. Because courses with insufficient enrollment may be canceled at least two weeks before the workshop is scheduled to begin, it is important that participants register by the designated deadline.

  • All workshops at the University of Hartford are available for graduate credit.
  • Workshops may be taken for a letter grade or with a Pass/No Pass grading status (must take for a letter grade to count toward a University of Hartford master's degree).
  • Participants wishing to transfer a workshop toward a degree at another institution should check with their institutions regarding the Pass/No Pass option.

Upon registration, all students and faculty must acquire a University ID at the HawkCard ID Office, located at the Gengras Student Union (860.768.5343).

Online Self-Service Center

After you register online, you will receive a postal letter from the University of Hartford containing your 8-digit user ID number, and email address. Use your ID and email address to access the Self-Service Center and check the status of a registration, make a payment, check grades, or view unofficial transcripts. You will also be able to authorize third-party payers to receive billing notifications via email. All billing information from the University will be on the Self-Service Center. Hartt Summerterm does not issue bills or process payments.


Once you are issued a University of Hartford ( email address, all communications from the University will go to that address, not any other email address. You must start using your Hawkmail account as soon as you receive your new email address.

Billing/Methods of Payment

Students are now required to accept the Terms and Conditions of Enrollment prior to registering for classes each term. Students will be prompted to accept these terms when registering online. If registering in person, students can either accept terms online prior to registration or can sign a hard copy of the form at the time of registration.

University of Hartford student billing statements are delivered online rather than by U.S. mail. If you are a current University of Hartford student, you will receive notification of a billing statement available for viewing and payment only through your email address. New students can access their bill through the Self-Service Center once they receive a University of Hartford email address and ID number in the postal mail.

Students and authorized payers can make online payments by ACH (electronic fund transfer), credit card, or debit card through CASHNet SMARTPAY, a third-party payment processor operating under agreement with the University of Hartford to process electronic payments. There is no fee assessed for payment made by ACH. However, CASHNet does charge a nonrefundable 2.75 percent fee to process credit or debit card payments on your behalf. CASHNet accepts MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express credit card payments. Checks, travelers’ checks, and money orders can be mailed, along with a printed copy of the top portion of your billing statement, to:

            University of Hartford
            P.O. Box 416362
            Boston, MA 02241-6362

Cash and check payments may also be made at the Student Administrative Services Center (SASC) on the second floor of the Computer and Administration Center. Check payments must be made payable to the University of Hartford and be payable through a U.S. bank in U.S. dollars. Checks and ACH items returned for insufficient funds will result in a $25 fee.

Tuition and fees are due by May 31, 2017.

Students may elect to pay tuition under our Deferred Payment Option. Under this option, the following applies:

  • Students who register on or before May 2, 2017, should pay one-half tuition plus applicable fees at the time of registration. The remainder will be billed on May 2, 2017, and is due on or before May 31, 2017.
  • Students who register after May 2, 2017, but on or before May 31, 2017, should pay one-half tuition plus applicable fees at the time of registration. The balance should be paid in full on or before May 31, 2017. Students will not be billed for balance due; instead, they will be advised in person of the balance due if registering at the Student Administrative Services Center (SASC).

If the terms of the deferred payment option outlined above are not met, a default charge of 1.5 percent per month may be assessed on the unpaid balance until it is paid in full.

Students registering after May 31, 2017, have the option of paying in full or paying one-half tuition plus applicable fees at the time of registration. If you choose the one-half tuition plus fees option, please refer to the current billing schedule to determine when the remainder will be due. You can find the current student billing schedule on the University of Hartford Bursar’s website, under the Payment Information link.

1098-T Tuition Tax Statements

Federal law requires the University of Hartford to furnish Form 1098-T to enrolled students who have paid Qualified Educational Expenses as defined by the IRS. Students are required by the IRS to provide the school with their social security or tax identification number. If you have not provided your SSN to the school, please contact the Student Administrative Services Center at 860.768.4999 and they can update your record.


NO FORMAL LETTER OF COURSE COMPLETION OR GRADE REPORTS WILL BE SENT OUT BY THE UNIVERSITY OF HARTFORD. To confirm course completion with school districts, you must order a transcript. Transcripts requested before grades have been processed will not be accurate. Transcripts are ordered and paid for through the National Student Clearinghouse. To place an order, go to If you are a current student, you also may order official transcripts through the National Student Clearinghouse after logging into the Self-Service Center. For more information, call 860.768.5588. Participants who require grade verification before the end of August may request a verification letter from the chair of Graduate Studies in Music Education, Joshua Russell PhD,

Course Cancellation/Checking the Status of a Course

All courses are subject to cancellation due to insufficient enrollment. In case of cancellation, the Hartt Summerterm office will attempt to contact all registered students by email or phone. Courses may be canceled up until two weeks before the course is scheduled to begin.

Refund and Withdrawal Policy

Participants enrolled in courses that are cancelled are entitled to a full credit on tuition. The technology fee is refundable but not the registration fee. Participants who elect to withdraw from a course after it has begun will not be entitled to a full credit on tuition. Participants who wish to withdraw should contact the Hartt Summerterm office at 860.768.4479.

Graduate Credits and Teacher Certification

Connecticut requires at least 30 months of successful teaching experience under a Provisional Certificate and 30 semesters of graduate credit beyond a bachelor’s degree to advance from a provisional to a professional level educator certificate. (After July 1, 2016, a master’s degree will be required to move from provisional to professional certification status.) School districts must provide at least 18 hours of professional development per year to maintain or continue a professional level educator certificate. CEUs are no longer required. For information regarding the Continuation of the Connecticut Professional Educator Certificate, contact the Connecticut State Office of Certification, Department of Education at 860.713.6543 or Out-of-state participants should contact their state department of education for applicable guidelines.


Parking is free on campus for all daytime commuters with a parking pass obtained in the Hartt Summerterm office. Participants who are staying in the dormitories and wish to park on campus overnight must register with the Summerterm housing office and Department of Public Safety upon check-in. There may be a charge for overnight parking. Prices are subject to change. Please bring the following information with your Summerterm parking form to Department of Public Safety to register your vehicle: license plate number, vehicle make, model, and year.