Vehicle registration at The Hartt School Community Division
Utility NavTop NavContentLeft NavSite SearchSite SearchSite Search

Vehicle registration

Please register your vehicle within one week of enrollment. Please note that employees of the University of Hartford may not register vehicles under their child's name.

D LotThe Department of Public Safety at the University of Hartford strives to maintain a safe, productive, and enjoyable campus environment. As a result, they manage and monitor vehicles parked on the University campus.

HCD students are required to register their vehicles to park on the University of Hartford campus. This applies to our main campus and Handel Performing Arts Center locations, but does not apply to our Simsmore Square or other satellite locations. Students must re-register their vehicle(s) each year, regardless of if they have done so in the past.

We are excited to announce that we have made the process of registering your vehicle easier.

Please note that the vehicle registration process is the responsibility of the student/family. 

How to register your vehicle

Visit the Vehicle Registration page and register your vehicle by enrolling as you would for a class: Click "Register Now!" to add the "item" to your virtual shopping cart (Vehicle Registration - "Vehicle 1" or "Vehicle 2"), then click the red "Checkout" link at the bottom to continue processing your order. (You will be asked to log in if you are not already logged in.)

There is no cost to register a vehicle. You will need the following information:

  • 8-digit University ID number
  • License plate number
  • License plate state
  • Vehicle year
  • Vehicle make
  • Vehicle color
  • Vehicle body style


What if I do not know my 8-digit university id number?

If you do not know your 8-digit University ID number, go to your account and click “edit” next to your student’s name. Find under “Personal Information” the box with your Member ID (University ID). Use that 8-digit number. You can also call or email the HCD office at 860.768.4451 or

Is there a fee to register a vehicle?

There is no fee for Hartt Community Division students and caregivers.

Can I register more than one vehicle?

Yes. To register more than one vehicle, click "Register now!" to add the first vehicle to your shopping cart. Then click "Continue Shopping." Return to the vehicle registration screen and click "Register now!" under "Vehicle 2" to add a second vehicle.


This registration is for individuals only participating in University activities through the Hartt School Community Division. Students enrolled in University classes and faculty/staff will need to register their vehicles through Public Safety at 860.768.7985. Vehicle registrations with ID numbers associated with University students or faculty/staff members will not be registered using this system.

I need help registering. should i call public safety?

No. Please do not call public safety. Please contact the Hartt Community Division Directly by phone 860.768.4451 or email.

where can i park?

Registered vehicles may be parked in Lot D and at the Handel Performing Arts Center. This excludes red parking spaces and faculty/staff parking spaces.

do i need to display a parking tag?

No. All vehicle information is queried by Public Safety before tickets are issued.

I was ticketed. what should I do?

Contact the Hartt Community Division main office at 860.768.4451. First, make a copy of the citation. Next, please be prepared with your student's name and ID number. We will help you resolve the issue with Public Safety. Please do not contact Public Safety directly.