Financial Aid Scholarships
Utility NavTop NavContentLeft NavSite SearchSite SearchSite Search

Parking Advisory

With forecast heavy rains for Saturday and the potential for both river and flash flooding, students are asked to avoid parking in low-lying areas of parking lots C, D, E (along the tree line), F (eastern most entrance by the pond), and N-Annex. Cars should now be on higher ground within these lots or in Lot F (by Konover Campus Center). Vehicles should be returned to their assigned parking lots by 8 p.m. on Sunday, April 21.

Fund for Access

Fund for accessThe purpose of the Fund for Access financial-aid program ensures that children whose families demonstrate financial need can participate in our life-changing programs. Financial aid supports student participation in private music lessons, ensembles, and dance classes. Students who receive financial aid must show commitment through attendance and achievement to remain eligible for continued financial aid.


Fund for Access financial aid is available for pre-college students only. They support one activity (e.g. private lessons, ensembles, dance programs, etc.) per child.


  • Fund For Access awards are determined on a sliding scale.
  • Awards supplement payments made for tuition. Partial payment is required. No full-tuition awards are given.
  • The balance of the tuition may be paid in up to eight installments for those who qualify.

HCD dancer 2018Dance Application

Dance applications for the 2018–19 academic year are due August 15, 2018. Late applications are accepted on a rolling basis, but priority is given to those who apply by the deadline. There is no online application option for dance programs.

Download the FFA Dance Programs Application (PDF)

Music Application

Music applications for the 2018–19 academic year are due July 1, 2018. Late applications are accepted on a rolling basis, but priority is given to those who apply by the deadline.

Submitted applications must include a completed registration for and supporting financial documentation.

How to Submit Your Paper Application


You may email your application to


You may fax your application to:


You may mail your paper application and accompanying documentation to:

University of Hartford
The Hartt School Community Division
Attn: Chris Rizzio, Registrar
200 Bloomfield Avenue
West Hartford, CT 06117

In person

You may submit your completed application and supporting documentation with a receptionist or administrator at one of our three locations:

  • HCD main office on the University of Hartford campus, Fuller Building, room 19–20 (dance or music)
  • HCD office at Simsmore Square (music only)
  • HCD office at the Handel Performing Arts Center (dance only)


Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to the Fund for Access to help ensure that all may participate in our programs, regardless of financial limitations.

We are grateful for support for the Fund For Access from generous individual donors.

Questions? Call us at 860.768.4451 or email us at