HCD students have access to a variety of performance opportunities.
- Ensembles typically present concerts twice a year, or more.
- Private lesson students and chamber groups have recitals throughout the year.
- HCD also presents community performances at various venues around town, including the retirement communities, The Bushnell, and local businesses.
- Dancers participate in year-end performances, and most levels have the opportunity to audition for full-length ballets through auditions.
The Hartt Community Division provides collaborative pianists for Suzuki, Solo, and Honors Recitals. For outside events, students may be able to hire one of our collaborative pianists. Contact the Community Division office for more details.
Hartt Community Division faculty are dedicated to students' learning and progress. HCD private-lesson and dance students (youth only) receive progress reports at the end of the school year. These reports are intended to provide feedback for student development. For dance students, the progress reports provide recommendations for the following year's placement.
Allen Music Library
The Allen Music Library supports the Hartt School Programs and is open to Hartt Community Division students! Founded in 1938, the Library holds over 85,000 items including:
- Approximately 22,000 books and bound journals on music and dance
- 41,000 music scores
- 23,300 sound recordings
- 1,100 DVDs and videocassettes
- 400 print and electronic journals
- Thousands of additional audio tracks are available streamed over the Internet.
- Selected materials from the Hartt Performance Library are also in the library's catalog.
Visit this webpage for a list of all the resources available to you and the library’s policies. Simply present your ID card to the librarian on duty to access all of these materials. Don't have an ID card? Let us know at email@example.com or 860.768.4451.
Naxos Music Library
The Naxos Music Library (NML) is the world’s largest online library of recorded classical music. Students may access NML from a networked computer on campus. When off-campus, students can access it by using the link below. All you need is your 8 digit student ID number, which you can find on your ID card or by contacting us.
The University of Hartford bookstore is located in the Harry Jack Gray Center and carries a selection of sheet music, Hartt apparel, and snacks.