Why Choose Hillyer?
Hillyer College, one of the seven colleges of the University of Hartford, provides a challenging and structured curriculum that blends liberal arts general education requirements with the exploration of majors and careers. Hillyer faculty are focused on student engagement that begins the first day of your bachelor’s degree.
Faculty Who Know Your Name and Have A Passion for Teaching
- Hillyer faculty strive to know their students.
- Hillyer class sizes are small.
- Hillyer believes in effective academic and career advising.
- Hillyer faculty learn about students' abilities but also want to know their hopes and dreams.
- Hillyer guarantees that each new student will have a class with his or her faculty advisor in their very first semester.
- In annual faculty evaluations completed by students across the University, the Hillyer faculty are consistently rated among the very best. Students write:
- My professor “made history come alive”.
- “Math was never my favorite subject until this semester.”
- My professor “always made herself available when I had questions”.
- “She was always enthusiastic about the subject.”
- “Always there when you need help. Very flexible”.
- “He was challenging yet easy to understand.”
- “Has so much experience in business and is very informative.”