Required Submission Forms
The University of Hartford has a set of forms which are required with every external funding proposal. These forms capture vital information for the various administrative requirements of a grant. Please be sure to review the Proposal Checklist.
- The ProSum Template or ProSum is one of the key submission forms required by the University. It contains essential information about the grant proposal, as well as the necessary institutional signatures.
- The Internal Budget Template - Public is an MSExcel workbook covering five years of a program. It contains a detailed allocation of the budget according to the requirements of Financial Accounting Services (FAS), and is used by the University accountants to input a grant award budget into the Banner financial system used by the University of Hartford.
- PRIVATE (note:the only difference between the private and public budget is the Indirect Cost Rate)
- The Matching Funds Template is an MSExcel file that summarizes the University's cost share or match portion of a proposal. It must be signed by the dean and the Provost, and should contain the correct fund and org numbers for Financial Accounting Services to audit the contribution.
- The Conflict of Interest Template (COI) is a required document that must be signed by the primary investigator(s) on a proposal. It must then be counter-signed by the appropriate college dean and finally be the Provost.
Administrative Support Forms
- Sponsored Programs Survey is a form that helps OSPcapture information about the faculty and staff at the University who are interested in pursuing grant funding. They are encouraged to fill out the form and return it to OSP.
- The NIH BioSketch form is a resume template that is required by the NIH, but also provides a convenient format in general. The example provided here includes data that should be replaced with the faculty person's own vita.
- SPIN is a subscription service to identify funding opportunities. Faculty and staff at the University are encouraged to register and create a profile for themselves in the "GENIUS" component of the service. An email will then be sent to OSP to validate their registration, after which they can receive daily or weekly emails of funding opportunities relevant to their interests. Selective screen prints can help in the registration process.
- The Time and Effort Worksheet: Option 2 is for those wish to maintain a more detailed account of their time and effort, or who have cost share obligations that require to be documented. This worksheet can be submitted in lieu of the time and effort certification report provided by OSP.
Other Institutional Forms
- The Letter of Intent/Commitment is for establishing the initial relationship between the University of Hartford and another institution prior to award. It is usually included in the initial proposal to a funder.
- The Invention Disclosure form is for faculty or staff who have marketable inventions developed using University of Hartford resources. This form is required to begin the process of technology transfer.
Templates for Grant Submission
- Budget Justification Example
- Current and Pending Support