Skip to Top Navigation Skip to Utility Navigation Skip to Search Skip to Left Navigation Skip to Content

Monday, January 26

A blizzard warning goes into effect for our area this evening and Connecticut has issued a statewide travel ban starting at 9 p.m. The University is now closed as of 3 p.m. today and will be closed all day tomorrow, Tuesday, Jan. 27.  Day and evening classes are canceled through tomorrow. An updated advisory on the status of classes and operations for Wednesday will be posted Tuesday evening. During the time that the University is closed, the Commons, Subway, and Village Market will maintain regular hours for residential dining services and the Sports Center will be open for use by residential students only. Gengras Student Union and University Libraries will be closed.   snow closing guide

All Hartt Community Division activities through tomorrow are canceled.

current as of 3:05 p.m., Jan. 26, 2015

What Is Damage Billing

There are two types of damage billing:

  1. Community damage billing
  2. Residential damage billing

Community damage typically occurs in common areas, such as hallways, floor lounges, bathrooms, main entrances, kitchens, etc. Community damage is assessed to residents in University housing.  These charges are divided among all the residents of a particular floor or building where the damage occurred. These type of damages are billed at the end of each fall and spring term. 

Residential damage typically occurs in an individual's room. The responsibility for the residential damage is to the person residing to that assigned space. These type of damage bills are assessed to the individual student's account throughout each academic term.  

See Damage Appeals for more information.