Looking for healthy recipes? Ideas for quick, healthy meals on a budget? We have some great ideas. We will be posting recipes each week. You can also click on the link to see a great website by ProHealth Physicians with great ideas and recipes!
Health Benefits of Taking More Steps!
Regular, brisk walking can help you:
- Maintain a helthy weight
- Prevent or manage chronic conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, etc
- Strengthen your bones and muscles
- Lower risk for certain cancers
- Improve your mood, sleep and immune system
- improve your balance and coordination
Ways to increase steps:
- Park farther away and walk to your destination
- Go for a walk at lunchtime
- Get up from your desk or the couch every 30 minutes and walk for 1 minute
- If your destination (restaurant, store, class) is less than a mile away, walk there. Take the long way around campus to your class or housing
How much should you walk?:
- Aim for two tofour miles per day (1 mile = approx. 2000 steps)
- People who walk longer distances and/or walk at a faster pace have greater protection against disease.