STUDENT ORGANIZATION/DEPARTMENTAL RESPONSIBLITIES
During the event all members of the department or student organization identified to work the event must:
- Review the Special Events Operations Plan.
- Reserve the space through 25Live.
- One month prior to the date of the major event, the sponsoring organization must attend a special events meeting to review major events policy and procedures. You will be sent an email with your appearance date. All paperwork and publicity must be submitted prior to the meeting date. Meetings take place on Tuesdays in GSU 218 at noon.
- All events requiring ticketing must use the HawkHub University Ticketing System. For more information, contact Kristy Severino at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meet with your advisor and or supervising staff member and review details of event.
- Attend, and make sure that all supervising staff members are present at, the pre-event meeting 30 minutes prior to the opening of the event.
- Individual members who violate the rules may be automatically removed from the event.
- Attend event from start to finish;
- Participate in a pre-event room inspection with the event crew chief;
- Be identified as sponsor members by wearing identification as determined by the building manager or event crew, if at event;
- Ask Public Safety to remove individuals from the event who behave inappropriately;
- Make the announcement at the end of the event and encourage participants to disperse;
- Not put themselves in jeopardy when an emergency situation presents itself;
- Not interfere with Public Safety in the arrest or ejection of any individual, or be subject to ejection, from the event, and not interfere with University disciplinary action;
- Complete a postevent evaluation of the event.
ESTIMATED CHARGES FOR EVENTS
Custodial: $15–30/hr (4-hour minimum)
Grounds: $15–30/hr (4-hour minimum)
Public Safety: $35/hr (4-hour minimum)
Hartford P.D.: $384 per officer (8-hour minimum)
Hartford P.D.: $488 per ranking officer (8-hour minimum)
C.S.E. Manager: $45.50/hr
C.S.E. Supervisor: $32.50/hr
C.S.E. Staff: $18.85/hr
SCA—Commons late-night party: $295 (cost for event staff and late-night charge)
SCA—Konover late-night party: $340 (cost for event staff and late-night charge)
SCA—GSU late-night party: $465 (cost for event staff and late-night charge)
SCA—Early-opening charge weekends: $35 between 9–11am, $70 if before 9 am
SCA—Early-opening charge weekdays: $35 between 7–8 am, $70 if before 7 am