Vendor Table Regulations
1. The Office of Student Centers Administration (SCA) requires a flat fee for the use of a vendor table for one day. The first two times a vendor visits campus, the introductory rate is $50 per day. After the first two visits, the fee is $75 per day. Payment may be made upon arrival in cash or check. Checks should be made payable to the University of Hartford.
2. All vendors must report to the Student Centers Administration office, located in Gengras Student Union, room 205, to confirm their reservation. Any vendor showing up without a reservation will not be given space, whether one is available or not.
3. Our office's regular hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Vendor tables are reserved from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (unless otherwise specified). Note to vendors: The best vending times are typically between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
4. The vendor is paying for two 4-foot tables inside Gengras Student Union. Use of additional tables may result in additional cost. Vendor tables will be labeled. Vendors must confine their goods to the table area allotted, unless the director of SCA has given prior consent.
5. Vendors may not load and/or unload on the sidewalks or grass adjacent to Gengras Student Union. Upon arrival, please check with SCA in room 205 for unloading instructions.
6. The vendor can either park in the marked visitor parking spaces in Lot B or go directly to the Public Safety building and get a temporary parking permit. The vendor must properly display the permit and follow Public Safety's parking rules and regulations. Vendors who get ticketed must reconcile their tickets directly with Public Safety; SCA will not handle parking tickets for vendors.
7. The University of Hartford reserves the right to ban articles for sale that are sexist, racist, offensive, derogatory in nature, conflicting with standing University contracts, or that use alcohol. The sale of incense and candles is prohibited on campus. Credit card companies and/or banks (other than those under contract with the University) are not eligible to solicit on campus. Regardless of contract, any services requiring a credit check or the extension of credit will not be allowed. Any food or beverage giveaways or sales must be approved in advance by the director of SCA.
8. Off-campus vendors are financially responsible to the University for damage to facilities, tables, and grounds due to vendor negligence. Payment is required upon demand when presented by a designated University official.
9. All cancellations must be made at least two days in advance during business hours (Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.). Vendors who cancel after that time or do not show up to vend on the scheduled date, may be restricted from returning to campus for the remainder of the academic semester. Repeated cancellations may result in prolonged restriction from participating in the off-campus vendor program.
10. University of Hartford reserves the right to allocate space immediately outside the student unions to vendors. Such space will be determined by the director of SCA (or the director's designee) and will generally exceed no more than 12 feet. Poster vendors and vendors requiring more than 12 feet must obtain approval from the director of SCA.
11. Any postings, publications, or signage need to be approved in advance of vendor date by SCA, located in GSU 205.
12. Off-campus vendors must respect and abide by the requests of all University officials, including student building and event technicians. Vendors are guests of the University of Hartford, and mutual respect is expected at all times.
13. By completing the following online form, all vendors are agreeing to the terms and conditions listed above. All vendors must have a confirmed reservation before they will be allowed to setup their vending space. This is nonnegotiable.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Student Centers Administration at 860.768.4283.