SPRING FLING 2015
PARTICIPANT BEHAVIOR AGREEMENT
All Students, alumni and guests who are registered and attend Spring Fling events are expected to display their wristband(s) and agree to adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined in this document. If these policies are violated, the violator jeopardizes his/her continued participation at Spring Fling events and students will also be held accountable through the University’s Student Conduct Office.
- ALL University of Hartford policies (as outlined in The Source) are in effect during Spring Fling including our policy on consumption of alcohol by people under the legal drinking age of 21.
- Students are not permitted to have bulk containers of and/or excessive quantities of alcohol on the University of Hartford campus. BULK CONTAINERS are defined as any container exceeding 5 liters. (see The Source). Any University living area that exceeds 90 -12 ounce containers of beer or the alcohol equivalency will be considered to have an excessive quantity of alcohol and will be in violation of the alcohol policy as outlined in the Source. Additionally, University officials may determine at their discretion that smaller amounts of alcohol are excessive based on individual circumstances.
- Stereo speakers will not be allowed in apartment windows or projected outside of the buildings.
- No DJ equipment, live music or bands will be allowed in the residential facilities.
- Room capacity limits will be enforced as outlined in the Source on page 28.
- Participants need the official Spring Fling Wristbands to enter Spring Fling events and venues, and be on the residential side of campus.
- Students who are banned from the residential side of campus leading up to, or during Spring Fling will not be allowed to participate in any events.
- ALL Vehicles crossing the Bridges are subject to search during Spring Fling
Wristbands will be available Monday, April 13th & Tuesday, April 14th from 10 am - 4 pm; Wednesday, April 15th from 10:00 am – 10 pm; Thursday, April 16th 10 am – 1 am & Friday, April 17th 10 am – 1 am; and Saturday, April 18th from 10 am – 2 pm in Suisman Lounge. Only registered guests & alumni with an official Spring Fling Wristbands will be allowed to participate in the Spring Fling activities. Guests must possess wristbands to enter the residential side of campus. You should only schedule your guests to arrive while the wristband center is open. Guests will be turned away if they arrive on campus after the wristband center is closed for the day.
- Each University of Hartford student is limited to registering two guests.
- Current students must accompany guests at the check-in location to pick up the Official Spring Fling Wristband.
- Alumni may register to attend spring fling but cannot register or host guests. Married Alumni can host their spouse but register on-site with proper identification
- ALL GUESTS MUST BE at least 18 years old or older as of April 13, 2015
- Student hosts are responsible for their guests and their guests’ behavior at all times.
- Guest (s) must be with their host at all times.
- Each guest must have a valid state or federal picture ID to pick up the official wristband.
- Any unregistered guests will be removed from campus.
- No cans, glass bottles, mugs, glasses or pitchers are permitted in outdoor areas.
- No backpacks, draw strings or camel backpacks will be allowed.
- No coolers will be allowed in the outdoor areas
- Personal outdoor grills are not permitted in the residential areas due to Hartford/West Hartford fire codes. University Dining Services will be sponsoring a BBQ in the Commons on Friday, April 17th at 4:30 pm and again on Saturday, April 18th at 4:30 pm in Konover. Students on a meal plan may use their meal card along with any guest meals or dining dollars that are available for their guests. If a student is out of guest meals or dining dollars, the students and/or his/her guests will be charged a reasonable price.
- Excessive noise/disturbances will be addressed by University staff. Quiet hours will begin at 10 pm on Thursday night and 1:00 am on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Outdoor quiet hours as mandated by Hartford, West Hartford and Bloomfield will be enforced at 11 pm.
- Binge drinking paraphernalia and drinking games, (for example, Beer Pong) are not allowed.
- Violent and /or aggressive behavior may result in removal from the residential area and prohibition from participating in all remaining Spring Fling events.
- Use or possession of drugs in violation of applicable laws may result in removal from the residential area and prohibition from participating in all remaining Spring Fling events.
- No University furniture will be allowed outside during Spring Fling.
- Only lawn furniture will be allowed outside on the village lawn. All personal furniture must be taken inside by 7:00 pm. If any furniture is left out on the village lawn it will be removed and dumped at the owner’s expense.
- No extension cords will be allowed to be used to power anything outside the residential buildings as stated in the housing contract.
Spring Fling is for all to enjoy. Respect the campus by using trash receptacles and conduct yourself in a safe and responsible manner. Health Services will be available to aid and assist anyone needing medical attention. Students are expected to use their best judgment regarding alcohol use and will be held accountable for their actions. Safety is our primary concern. We would like the Spring Fling tradition to continue, so… HAVE FUN, BE SAFE, AND BE RESPONSIBLE!