Skip to Top NavigationSkip to Utility NavigationSkip to SearchSkip to Left NavigationSkip to Content
Mobile Menu

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the HawkCASH program?

HawkCash Accepted here

HawkCASH is a declining balance account in which money is placed on the HawkCard to be used at participating locations off-campus as well as on-campus for purchases at Campus Vending Machines, University Bookstore, Copy Shoppe, Campus Copy Machines, Campus Massage Therapy, Health Services, University Physical Therapy, all food store locations, and all on-campus dining locations.

What is the difference between the Meal Plan account and the HawkCASH account?

The Meal Plan account is activated when a student has a Resident or Commuter meal plan and can be used on-campus at Dining Services only. HawkCASH can be used on and off-campus at participating locations. HawkCASH is the ONLY account that can be used off-campus.

How can I add funds to my HawkCASH account?

Students, faculty, and staff may deposit funds into their HawkCASH account at anytime with the HawkCard ID Office in person or by mail. Checks are to be made payable to the University of Hartford. Funds can also be deposited online - click here.

Where can I use HawkCASH on campus?

HawkCASH can be used for on-campus purchases at the Campus Vending Machines, University Bookstore, Print Services, Campus Copy Machines, Health Services, Mail Services, The Hungry Hawk, Sports Center Concessions, all food store locations, and all on-campus dining locations.

Where can I use HawkCASH off-campus?

Click here for a list of participating locations.

How much should I deposit each semester?

There is not a certain amount that has to be deposited on the HawkCASH account. It is strictly at your discretion.

What happens if I lose my HawkCard?

Immediately report a lost or stolen HawkCard to the HawkCard ID Office over the phone at 768-5343, or in person at the HawkCard ID Office Monday - Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Friday 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. When the HawkCard ID Office is closed you may go to the Public Safety office after hours or to any location manager of ARAMARK Campus Services during normal operating hours where a manager will report your card as lost or stolen. Cardholder is responsible for any loss due to lost or stolen cards. You must come to the HawkCard ID Office during business hours to obtain a new HawkCard. There is a fee of $15 for replacing lost, stolen or damaged cards.

Can I get a refund of my HawkCASH?

Any balance on the HawkCASH account will carry over from semester to semester as long as you are affiliated with The University of Hartford. Any HawkCASH balance under $20.00 is non-refundable. The University of Hartford reserves the right to close any account that is inactive for an academic year. No funds may be transferred from HawkCASH to the Meal Plan or vice versa.

Are there any restrictions on what I can buy with HawkCASH?

Yes, you may not purchase alcohol or tobacco products using HawkCASH, no exceptions for those over 21 in age.