Skip to Top Navigation Skip to Utility Navigation Skip to Search Skip to Left Navigation Skip to Content

Storm Advisory

Blizzard conditions are now impacting our region and a Connecticut statewide travel ban is in effect. The University will be closed on Tuesday, Jan. 27.  Day and evening classes are canceled. An updated advisory on the status of classes and operations for Wednesday will be posted Tuesday evening. During the time that the University is closed, the Commons, Subway, and Village Market will maintain regular hours for residential dining services and the Sports Center will be open for use by residential students only. Gengras Student Union and University Libraries are closed.   snow closing guide

All Hartt Community Division activities are canceled through Tuesday.

current as of 10:27 p.m., Jan. 26, 2015

Obtaining your Student ID

All students should obtain a student ID, also called a Hawk Card. Your Hawk Card allows you to take advantage of University of Hartford services with the ease of not carrying cash. You can use it to make purchases by using Hawk Cash, Dining Dollars or Meal Plan meals at any dining facility on campus. You can use your Hawk Cash at the bookstore, vending machines, laundry machines, and with selected merchants off campus. Your Hawk Card is also used for access to residence halls and selected labs.

Student ID Hawk CardThe student ID office is located in the building attached to the Gengras Student Union, in room 112. The office hours during the academic year are Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and on Fridays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The office is open extended hours at the beginning of each semester. Summer hours are limited; please call the ID office for summer hours.

Full-time undergraduate students will receive their University of Hartford IDs as part of the orientation program.

Graduate and part-time students, to obtain an ID, you must present proof of registration and an additional form of ID such as a license. Processing a student ID is typically very quick, about 5 minutes if there is no line, but lines are long at the start of the year. There is no charge for the ID, but there is a replacement charge if it is lost.

For more information, call the student ID office at 860.768.5343.

Other Information