Faculty and Student Projects
Our vision is for women to have access to educational and leadership opportunities that serve as catalysts for personal and professional growth. The Women’s Advancement Initiative provides support each year to students, staff or faculty of The University of Hartford (or a combination thereof) to foster and encourage initiatives that:
- Enhance the education of women.
- Advance women as scholars and as the subject of scholarship.
- Cultivate and sustain women's leadership skills.
- Increase awareness about women as individuals and in communities.
The Women’s Advancement Initiative’s past supported projects include: STEM , art/history, and business/leadership/humanities.
Applying for Project Support
Financial support is provided each year for projects whose main focus supports one or more of these aforementioned initiatives.
- Members of the University of Hartford community are encouraged to apply for support (ranging between $2,000 - $10,000) by submitting a one-page letter of intent by December 1.
- Invitations to submit full applications are announced in December.
- Full applications are due by February 23.
- Decisions are announced in April.
- Funds are awarded for the following fiscal year commencing July 1.
For more information, see our Guidelines.
Those who receive support are required to file monthly and final reports. Formats are available as follows: