Designed to respond to the unique opportunities and challenges of female students at each stage of their undergraduate experience, the Leadership Education and Development (L.E.A.D.) Program provides students with the tools, training, and community to successfully navigate the journey to and through college to life and careers.
The Leadership Education and Development (L.E.A.D.) Program is for female undergraduate students at University of Hartford. Its cohort program is limited to 25 students per graduation class. In addition, campus programming is offered each semester that is open to all students.
1. Being inspired to lead and take pride in your individual and collective achievements.
2. Feeling empowered through experiential leadership training and problem-solving opportunites.
3. Experiences to build a resume including job shadowing, internships and community service.
4. Preference for and first to hear about scholarships offered by the Women's Advancement Initiative.
5. Getting connected to a supportive network.
6. Lessons in life and career preparation including salary negotiation, personal finances, and interview skills.
7. Opportunities to attend outings and events to cultural venues, forums and conferences.
8. Professional, practical-life skill and leadership developmentsessions twice a month.