Set-up Office 365 e-mail on an Android Phone
To set-up your Office 365 e-mail account on an Android device
Android devices make it difficult to have one set of instructions for set-up due to the fact they are wildly varied in configuration from an operating system, service provider and hardware manufacturer standpoint. The best way to set these up would be to contact your smart phone provider for the appropriate instructions. Below is a set-up for Androids running the "Marshmellow" version of the OS (OS 6.0).
Android OS “Marshmallow” (OS 6.0)
- Go to your Gmail icon and open on the top left select the settings box.
- Scroll down towards the bottom and select “Settings”
- Select your Hawkmail account and scroll down to Server settings
- Click on Incoming settings and change Server to: outlook.office365.com
- Ensure the following are correct:
- Domain\Username field shows email address and password is stars
- Client certificate: None
- Mobile device ID: android and about 11 numbers
- Server is : outlook.office365.com
- Port is 443, Security type is SSL/TLS
- Click Done
- You will now be prompted to turn on device manager security. Read through the disclaimer and understand what you are reading.
- Hit Done. This should complete, then open your mail client