UHTXT is a mass notification system that enables University students, faculty, and staff to receive alerts and updates as text messages on cell phones.
Students, faculty, and staff must now have an accurate cell phone number recorded as "Cellular Phone" in the Self-Service Center in order to receive emergency text notifications.
Please use the following steps to confirm or add your cell phone number:
1) Log into the Self-Service Center.
2) Click on “Personal Information” in the row of options directly beneath the University of Hartford logo. (do so even if "Personal Information" is already highlighted in blue)
3) Choose “View/Update Address(es) and Phone(s)” from the Personal Information menu (third option)
4) Students: In the “Permanent (STUDENT)” section, check the “Phones” column and make sure you see the words “Cellular Phone” followed by your current cell phone number. Click here for a step-by-step tutorial with screenshots.
Faculty and Staff: In the “On Campus” section, check the “Phones” column and make sure you see the words “Cellular Phone” followed by your current cell phone number. (If you do not have an "On Campus" area on your Personal Information screen, go to "Types of Addresses to Insert" drop-down box directly above the "Submit" button and select "On Campus." Then proceed to fill in your address and phone information, making sure to include a "Cellular Phone" entry.)
5) If you do not see “Cellular Phone” listed, click “Current,” and then on the resulting page, find the drop-down boxes under “Phone Type.” Select Cellular Phone from first unused drop-down box and add your current cell phone number. Hit submit at the bottom of the page. Go back to step 4 to ensure your cellular phone is now recorded.
If you have problems logging into the Self-Service Center, contact the Help Desk at 860.768.4357 or email email@example.com.
Independent of text alerts on cell phones, all currently registered students and active employees will automatically receive emergency notifications through their official University email.