Barney School of Business
Master of Science in Management
The online Master of Science in Management Program (MSM) meets the evolving needs of students and employers by providing a modern look at the business world and the knowledge and skills to manage people and processes.
Questions about the program? Contact Laura D’Angelo-Gohn.
About the MSM Program
Start or advance your career as a manager. This part-time, online program is designed for students who have undergraduate degrees in non-business fields and professionals who need an advanced degree to enhance their skills. Our online curriculum provides flexibility and convenience, while our student support services help ensure your smooth progression through the program.
The program includes ten classes for a total of 30 credits. Students will typically complete six courses per year and will finish the degree in less than two years.
For more information, and to see a complete list of degree requirements, visit the Course Catalog.
Students can earn an Entrepreneurial Studies concentration by completing the following three courses:
- MGT 750/ MKT 751 - Bargaining and Negotiations
- MGT 770/ MKT 770 - Organizational Consulting
- MGT 771/ MKT 771 - Entrepreneurship
Visit the Course Catalog to see a complete list of degree requirements. The Barney School offers one course per term (Fall, Spring, and Summer) to complete this concentration.
This concentration addresses evolving issues in the health system by examining the structure of the U.S. healthcare system, including health care professionals, the delivery and financing of healthcare, and related health care products. Visit the Course Catalog, to see a complete list of degree requirements. The Barney School offers one course per term (Fall, Spring, and Summer) to complete this concentration.
We adhere to the standards of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business—International (AACSB) and reserve admission to students showing high promise of success in postgraduate business study. We consider GMAT scores, performance in undergraduate and other graduate programs, and motivation of the applicant as evidenced in the letter of intent.
Additional Admission Information
- Complete an on-line application and pay a $50 application fee
- Send official transcripts of all previous baccalaureate and graduate study
- Take and send the results of the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
write a letter of intent and résumé.
Applicants may waive the GMAT/GRE requirement under the following conditions:
- 3.0 GPA or higher from an AACSB accredited business degree program or from a non-business degree program with professional accreditation (e.g., ABET) completed within the past ten years
- 3.3 GPA or higher from an accredited four-year bachelor degree program within the past ten years
- Five or more years of high-level work experience and a minimum 2.75 GPA from an accredited four-year bachelor degree program. Applicants should provide details of their experience on their resume.
- Applicant has completed a master, law or medical degree at an accredited university
- Eligible for a GMAT Waiver Interview with three to five years of substantive work experience
- Applicants should provide details of their experience on their resume.
If you are an international student, please read about additional requirements.
Justin Calabrese '18, MS in Management
The MSM program has allowed me to greatly expand my knowledge of business. After completing my undergraduate degree, I was encouraged by many business professors and students to continue my education. In addition to learning many new business terms, the online virtual classroom is convenient and practical while maintaining a full time job.”