Financial Aid
Utility NavTop NavContentLeft NavSite SearchSite SearchSite Search

Financial Aid

Matriculated graduate students are generally eligible for Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan funds up to a maximum of $20,500 per year for most programs. If you elect to use financial aid during Summerterm, please note that your eligibility for fall and spring semesters will be reduced proportionally. 


• You may apply for financial aid at

• For most programs, you must be registered for a minimum of 6 credits each semester to qualify for federal loans.

• If you are applying for aid for Summerterm, you will also need to complete the Summer Aid Application, which can be found under the forms tab at Once you have completed the form, please return it to the Financial Aid Office at or fax it to 860.768.4961. 

Some graduate students are eligible to borrow additional funds through the Federal Direct PLUS Loan program. A separate application, credit check, and Master Promissory Note must be completed to qualify. For more information, please visit 

Once all the documentation has been received, an award notification will be sent to your University of Hartford email account with instructions on how to accept your award via the student self-service portal. 

Federal Direct Loan borrowers must complete a Loan Counseling (Entrance Counseling) and Loan Agreement (Master Promissory Note) at

If you need assistance with your financial aid application or have general financial aid related questions please contact financial aid at or 860.768.4296