PhD, University of Kansas
BS, Industrial Engineering/Mathematics, METU, Turkey
Aslihan Demirkaya joined the College of Arts and Sciences in 2011.
- M 114: Everyday Statistics
- M 140: PreCalculus
- M 144: Calculus I
- M 145: Calculus II
- M 220: Linear Algebra & Matrix Theory
- M 242: Ordinary Differential Equations
- M 340: Introductory Analysis
- M 344: Advanced Engineering Mathematics
- M 480: Independent Study in Mathematics
My work has been in the analysis of equations: the Kuramoto-Sivashinsky (KS) equation, Burger-Sivashinsky (BS) equation, Klein-Gordon KG type equations, Schrödinger equations, Beam equations and the Spruce-Budworm equation.
- Demirkaya, M. Stanislavova, Numerical results on existence and stability of standing and traveling waves for the fourth order beam equation, to appear in Journal Discrete and Continuous Dynamical System-B.
- Hala Al-Khalil, C. Brennan, R. Decker, A. Demirkaya, J. Nagode, Numerical Existence and Stability of Steady State Solutions to the Distributed Spruce Budworm Model, Involve: A Journal of Mathematics, Vol. 10 (2017), No. 5, 857—879
- A. Demirkaya, S. Hakkaev, On the spectral stability of periodic waves of the coupled Schrödinger equations, Physics Letters A, Vol 379 (2015), Issues 45-46, 2908-2914
- A. Demirkaya, P.G. Kevrekidis, M. Stanislavova, A. Stefanov, Spectral stability analysis for standing waves of a perturbed Klein-Gordon equation, Dynamical Systems, Differential Equations and Applications AIMS Proceedings, (2015), 359-368
- A. Demirkaya, S. Hakkaev, M. Stanislavova, A. Stefanov, On the spectral stability of periodic waves of the Klein-Gordon equation,Differential and Integral Equations, Vol 28 (2015), 431-454
- A. Demirkaya, T. Kapitula, P.G. Kevrekidis, M. Stanislavova, A. Stefanov, On the spectral stability of kinks in some PT-symmetric variants of the classical Klein-Gordon Field Theories, Studies in Applied Mathematics, Vol. 133, Issue 3, pp.298-317, 2014
- M. Aron, P. Bowers, N. Byer, R. Decker, A. Demirkaya,Jun Hwan Ryu, Numerical Results using Spectral Methods on Existence and Stability of Steady State Solutions for the Reaction Diffusion and Klein-Gordon Equations, Involve: A Journal of Mathematics, Vol. 7, No. 6, pp.723-742, 2014
- A. Demirkaya, D. J. Frantzeskakis, P. G. Kevrekidis, A. Saxena, A. Stefanov, Effects of PT -symmetry in Nonlinear Klein-Gordon Field Theories and Their Solitary Waves, Phys. Rev. E 88, 023203, 2013
- A. Demirkaya, M. Stanislavova, Conditional stability theorem for the one dimensional Klein-Gordon equation, J. Math. Phys. 52, 112703, 2011.
- A. Demirkaya, M. Stanislavova, Long Time Behavior for Radially Symmetric Solutions of Kuramoto-Sivashinsky Equation in Dimension 3, Dynamics of PDE, Vol.7, No. 2, pp.161-173, 2010.
- A. Demirkaya, The Existence of a Global Attractor for a Kuramoto-Sivashinsky type Equation in 2D, Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems-A, pp.198-207, 2009.
- A. Demirkaya, $L_2$ estimates for the Solutions of Burger-Sivashinsky Equation in 1D and 2D, AIPS Conference Proceedings, Vol. 1184, pp.105-112, 2009
- Christov, A. Demirkaya, P.G. Kevrekidis, A. Saxena, Kink Dynamics in a Parametric φ6 Model.
- Spring 2017, Robert Galvez, Matthew Bernocco, Soliton interaction for a nonlinear Neuron Equation.
- Spring 2017, Iliana Albion-Poles, Mitchell Sugar, Yonatan Shavit, Soliton escape velocity after scattering for a nonlinear Beam Equation.
- Spring 2016, Salem Moges and Reid Bassette ,Soliton escape velocity after scattering for a nonlinear Klein- Gordon partial differential equation.
- Fall/Spring 2016, Damaris Zachos, Gianmarco Molino, Comparison of KDV and RLW PDE models of shallow-water waves.
- Spring 2015, Steven Kingston, Jarrett Lagler, and Gianmarco Molino, Acoustic Waves in Neurons.
- Spring 2014, Hala Al-Khalil and Jamie Nagode, Numerical Existence and Stability of Traveling Wave Solutions to the Distributed Spruce Budworm Model.
- Spring 2014, Ethan Bourdeau, John Cunsole, Virginia Demske, and Scott Rubin, Numerical Existence, Stability and Simulation of Solitons to the Sine-Gordon Equation.
- Spring 2013, Gino Cordone and Jeffrey Knecht, Existence of Period-Doubling and Chaos of nonlinear forced Klein-Gordon equation.
- Spring 2013, Catherine Brennan and James Pellissier, Numerical Existence and Stability of Traveling Wave Solutions to the Distributed Spruce Budworm Model.
- Spring 2013, Jessica Andersen and Cole Murphy, The forced Van der Pol Equation.
- Spring 2013, David Arena, Karen Brzostowski, Adam Paul, and Christopher Vincent, Differential Equation Manipulation using a Matlab Graphical User Interface.
- Spring 2012, Nicole Byer and Jun Hwan Ryu, The numerical existence and stability of the steady state solutions of the Reaction-Diffusion equation.
- Spring 2012, Miles Aron, Peter Bowers, The numerical existence and stability of the steady state solutions of the Klein-Gordon equations.
- Students Achieving Success (SAS) Advisory Board member
MATHCOUNT volunteer, Hartford Chapter
- Referee for Mediterranean Journal of Mathematics
- Referee for European Journal of Applied Mathematics
- Referee for Studies In Applied Mathematics
- Referee for Advances in Difference Equations
- Member of the Academic Standing Committee
- Member of the Senior Regents Award Committee
- Member of the Curriculum Committee
- Faculty Advisor (with Mark Turpin) for Math Club
- Undergraduate Research Advisor (with Robert Decker)
- Hiring Committee Member