Ph.D., Tennessee Tech University
MS, Tennessee Tech University
BS, Islamic University of Technology
Sheikh Rabiul Islam is an Assistant Professor of Computer Science at the University of Hartford. Dr. Islam has many years of research and industry experience. His notable research experiences are in the area of Explainable Artificial Intelligence (XAI), Data Mining, Big Data Analytics, and Cybersecurity. He has research expertise in the field of Finance and Cybersecurity in solving different predictive modeling problems. He has peer-reviewed publications in well-known conferences in his research areas: ACM SIGKDD, IEEE Big Data, AAAI, and FLAIRS. He is also an ad hoc reviewer of Journals: Expert Systems with Applications, and Journal of Decision Sciences. Dr. Islam’s current research focuses are in the areas of Explainable Artificial Intelligence, Data Mining, and Big Data Analytics. In particular, Dr. Islam is currently working on extending the scope of explainable AI towards mitigating other pressing AI-related concerns such as fairness and transparency of decisions in different application areas. Dr. Islam’s extended profile is available here.
- Sheikh Rabiul Islam, William Eberle, Sheikh K. Ghafoor, Ambareen Siraj, and Mike Rogers, “Domain Knowledge Aided Explainable Artificial Intelligence for Intrusion Detection and Response ”, AAAI-MAKE 2020.
- Sheikh Rabiul Islam, William Eberle, Sid Bundy, and Sheikh Khaled Ghafoor, “Infusing domain knowledge in AI-based "black box" models for better explainability with application in bankruptcy prediction”, 25th ACM SIGKDD, Workshop: Anomaly Detection in Finance, 2019.
- Sheikh Rabiul Islam, William Eberle, Sheikh K. Ghafoor, “ Towards Quantification of Explainability in Explainable Artificial Intelligence Methods”, FLAIRS-33.
- Sheikh Rabiul Islam, Sheikh Khaled Ghafoor, and William Eberle, “Mining Illegal Insider Trading of Stocks: A Proactive Approach”, IEEE Big Data, 2018.
- Md Mosharaf Hossain, Thomas M. Hines, Sheikh Rabiul Islam, Sheikh K. Ghafoor, and Ramakrishnan Kannan, “A Flexible-blocking Based Approach for Performance Tuning of Matrix Multiplication Routines for Large Matrices with Edge Cases”, The 2nd Workshop on Benchmarking, Performance Tuning and Optimization for Big Data Applications (BPOD), IEEE Big Data, 2018.
- Sheikh Rabiul Islam, William Eberle, and Sheikh Khaled Ghafoor, “Credit Default Mining Using Combined Machine Learning and Heuristic Approach”, 14th Int. Conference on Data Science (ICDATA’18), 2018.
- Sheikh Rabiul Islam, William Eberle, and Sheikh Khaled Ghafoor, “Mining Bad Credit Card Accounts from OLAP and OLTP”, ACM International Conference on Compute and Data Analysis (ICCDA'17), 2017.
- Qian Chen, Sheikh Rabiul Islam, Henry Haswell, and Robert A. Bridges, Automated Ransomware Behavior Analysis: Pattern Extraction and Early Detection, The 2nd International Conference on Science of Cyber Security (SciSec), 2019.