PhD, Drexel University
MS, Drexel University
BS, Howard University
- Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Member, National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)
- Plasma Water Treatment
- Plasma Engineering
- Thermal and Fluid Sciences
- Fouling Prevention and Mitigation for Heat Exchangers
- Produced Water from Oil and Gas Exploration
- Inactivation of Bacteria using Plasma
- Oxidation of Organic Matter in Water
- Liquid-Vapor Phase-Change Phenomena
- Heat Transfer
Archival Journal Papers
- H.S. Kim, K. Wright, J. Piccioni, D. Cho, Y.I. Cho. Inactivation of Bacteria by the Application of Spark Plasma in Produced Water. Separation and Purification Technology. (Published online October 2015, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.seppur.2015.10.047)
- Hyoung-Sup Kim, K. Wright, Daniel Cho, Young I. Cho. Self-cleaning filtration with spark discharge in produced water. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 2015. 88: p. 527-537.
- Y. I. Cho, K. C. Wright, H.S. Kim, D. J. Cho, A. Rabinovich and A. Fridman. Stretched arc discharge in produced water. Review of Scientific Instruments, 2015. 86(1): p. 013501.
- K.C. Wright, H.S. Kim, D.J. Cho, A. Rabinovich, A. Fridman, Y.I. Cho. New Fouling Prevention Method using a Plasma Gliding Arc for Produced Water Treatment. Desalination, 2014. 345: p. 64
- H.S. Kim, K.C. Wright, I.W. Hwang, D.H. Lee, A. Rabinovich, A. Fridman, Y.I. Cho. Concentration of hydrogen peroxide generated by gliding arc discharge and inactivation of E. coli in water. International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, 2013. 42: p. 5-10.
- H.S. Kim, K.C. Wright, I.H. Hwang, D.H. Lee, A. Rabinovich, A. Fridman, & Y. I. Cho. Effects of H2O2 and low pH produced by gliding arc discharge on the inactivation of Escherichia coli in water. Plasma Medicine, 2011. 1(3-4).
Conference Papers, Unpublished Theses, and Technical Reports
- Y.I. Cho, K.C. Wright, H.S. Kim, D. Cho, A. Rabinovich, A. Fridman. Plasma treatment of produced water from hydraulic fracturing for shale gas. 74th Annual International Water Conference (IWC), Orlando, Florida, November 17 – 21, 2013. [Refereed Conference Papers]
- Wright, K.C. M.S. Thesis: Electrochemical Reduction of Water Hardness for the Prevention of Fouling in Cooling Water Treatment. June 2012. Drexel University. [Unpublished Thesis]
- Kamau Wright, Stephanie Dunda, Jessica Ward, Mary Jo Grdina, Timothy Kurzweg. Development and Implementation of Engineering Modules into a 9th Grade Biochemistry Class Based on the NAE Grand Challenges.