MFA, Ceramics, University of Iowa
BA, Studio Art, Ceramics, Bloomsburg University
Dercole received his MFA in ceramics from the University of Iowa. He has held positions as work study at the Clay Studio in Philadelphia, and studio staff at Watershed Center for the Ceramic Arts. He has participated as artist-in-residence at the Lux Center for the Arts in Lincoln, Neb., Lillstreet Art Center in Chicago, and Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts in Gatlinburg, Tenn. Dercole has worked for Chicago artist Theaster Gates and has held instructor positions in ceramics at multiple art centers and universities across the United States. His work has been exhibited nationally and internationally, including in museums in Spain, Croatia, and Slovenia.
- Prime Ceramics, Harry Wood Gallery, Arizona State University, Phoenix Ariz.
- Ceramic Selections from 25 Years of the Arrowmont Artists-in-Residence Program,co-curated by Chandra DeBuse, and Bill Griffith, in conjunction with NCECA 2016 Conference, Kansas City Convention Center, Kansas City, Mo.
- Hartford Art School Faculty Show, Joseloff Gallery, Hartford, Conn.
- A Naturally Picked Stacked Attraction of Glitz, Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts, Gatlinburg, Tenn.
- III International Triennial of Ceramics Unicum 2015, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- 11th Annual Ceramics Invitational, Artisan Gallery, Paoli, Wis., September 2014
- Emerged: After the Residency, Group show to coincide with NCECA, Lillstreet Art Gallery, March 2014
- Midwestern Educators and Students, Lillstreet Booth NCECA 2014, Milwaukee Wis.
- Works included in collaboration for John Preuss and Dilettante Studiosinstallation for HOME, EXPO Chicago, September 2013
- ARTONE, the Observatory, Chicago, Ill.
- Workhouse Clay National, Workhouse Arts Center, Lorton, Va,
- Americas ClayFest, Blue Line Arts Gallery, Roseville, Calif.
- Two x Two: small-scale sculptural ceramic biennial, EWU Gallery of Art, Cheney, Wash.,
- We met in Iowa, Earlham College in Richmond, Ind.
- We met in Iowa, Pittsburg State University, Pittsburg, Kan.
- Ceramica Multiplex 2012 at The Fourth International Festival of Postmodern Ceramics 2012, at the City Museum Varazdin, Croatia
- Configured Spaces, Lillstreet Gallery, Chicago, Ill
- Masur Museum of Art 49th Annual Juried Competition, Masur Museum, Monroe LA * Best in Show*
- Small Favors VII, The Clay Studio, Philadelphia, Penn., March 2012
- Human, Gallery 180 of the Illinois Institute of Art, Chicago, Ill.
- Silicalicious, Backspace Gallery. Peoria, Ill.
- Visions in Clay 2011, LH Horton Jr Gallery, Stockton, Calif.
- Bibliophoria II, Sebastopol Center for the Arts, Sebastopol, Calif.
- 31 Concurs Internacional de Ceràmica CICA, 2011, Museu de Ceràmica de l'Alcora, L'Alcora Spain
- Small Favors VI, The Clay Studio, Philadelphia, Penn.
- as you were, solo exhibition, Folsom Gallery, Lux Center for the Arts, Lincoln, Neb.
- Gifts from the Heart, LUX Center for the Arts, Lincoln, Neb.
- Small Format Art Show, Sherman Theatre, Stroudsburg, Penn.
- 2009 Art Kudos International Juried Art Competition and Exhibition
- 8th Annual Summer All Media Juried Online Art Exhibit, Upstream People Gallery, Omaha, Neb.
- The carpenter and the seamstress, solo exhibition, Studio Arts Gallery, Iowa City, Iowa
- Graduate Ceramics Exhibition, Studio Arts Gallery, Iowa City , Iowa
- 2008-09 Big Ten Graduate Student Fine Art Exhibit Big Ten Conference Office and Meeting Center, Park Ridge, Ill.
- Unbound, Cannon Gallery of Art, Monmouth, Ore.
- Graduate Ceramics Exhibition, Art Gallery West, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
- Vagina Envy, solo exhibition, Art Gallery West, University of Iowa, Iowa
- Featured Artists, Akar Design Gallery, Iowa City, Iowa
- Graduate Ceramics Exhibition, Art Gallery West University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
- Julie K. Hanus and Jessica Shaykett, NCECA 2014: Our Top 10 List,craftcouncil.org, April 08, 2014
- The Gap-Toothed Madness, Issue 1, Vol 2, April 2014
- 500 Figures in Clay Vol 2, Lark Publishing, 2014
- Carrie Scozzaro,Small-scale ceramics at EWU highlight earthy art form,inlander.com, January 23 2013
- Kerameikon Collection of Contemporary World Ceramics, Varazdin, Croatia
- Direct Art Magazine Vol 19, October 2012
- Museu de Ceràmica de l'Alcora, L'Alcora, Spain
- University of Iowa Library, Special Collections Department, Iowa City, Iowa
- A Conversation with Contemporary Clay