4 - Assessing and Evaluating Student Learning
The University of Hartford has a university-wide license for Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor.
Lockdown Browser is an application that students download and install on their computer. It locks out other browsers and applications on the student's computer. This is available for Mac and PC users only - it is not available for Chromebooks or Mobile Devices. If the student does not have a laptop or desktop computer, they can check out one from the University Library.
Monitor uses the student's webcam to watch the student and what's around them during the test. This is used in conjunction with the Lockdown Browser.
NOTE: You must create a Blackboard test FIRST to use either of these.
For more information on Respondus, visit the pages below:
- Instructor Quick Start Guide (PDF)
- Student Quick Start Guide (PDF) - share this link with your students
- Instructor Training: Lockdown Browser and Respondus Monitor
- University of Hartford Respondus Support & Group Page - you can click the button Become a Member of the Group to join this group to receive emails and current information on Respondus.
- Respondus with Laura Enzor (Video)
Faculty and students needing support on Respondus should reach out directly to the vendor or by emailing email@example.com.
Here are some additional tools for student assessment:
- Online textbooks - many publishers have online platforms for reading the textbook as well as activities, homework, quizzing, and tests online. Contact the publisher of your textbook. Many of these can be integrated into Blackboard.
- Create sign-up sheets using Wikis in Blackboard
- Blackboard Blogs - PDF | Video
- Blackboard Wikis - PDF | Video
- Polling Apps:
- Games & Flashcard Apps