Requirements for the Concentration in Global Studies
Three non-Western cultures courses from the following:
- HSB 155 Global History I or HSB 165 Global History II
- HUB 200 Perspectives on Globalization
- ANB 210 Cultural Anthropology
- HUB 120 World Archaeology
- MUB 200 World Music Survey
- MUB 210 Global Pop Music
- ENB 230 Literature Across Cultures
- ENG 217 Survey of Postcolonial Writers
- POL 222 Politics of the Third World
- REL 215 Introduction to World Religions
- Students may also select from additional courses that focus on Latin America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. Non-Western courses are offered by both Hillyer and the University's College of Arts and Sciences.
Any student in good standing may enroll in the Global Studies concentration. Students must achieve a 2.00 overall grade point average and a 2.00 grade point average for the five courses in the concentration for degree designation.
Professor Scott Scribner
Phone: 860. 768.4934