The Office of HRD is again challenging the University community to get out and walk for wellness by participating in the 5th Annual Fall Hawk Walk/Run Challenge.
The program will work as follows:
1. Select a captain and form teams of 4-7 members. Choose a team name, complete the registration materials and return to Kathe Snow in HRD at email@example.com by Wednesday, October 10, 2012. Team members must be faculty and/or staff members.
2. If you would like to participate individually in this challenge, please complete the registration form and return to Kathe Snow in HRD at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, October 10, 2012. You may participate individually or you may choose to be put on a team. Please indicate this on your registration form.
3. Each participant must wear a pedometer to accurately track their numbers reflecting total daily steps taken. If you would like to participate but do not have a pedometer, HRD will provide you with one. Supplies are limited!
4. Team Captains will report weekly the number of steps each team member has taken.
5. Further guidelines are available at http://www.hartford.edu/hrd/wellness/Hawk_Walk_Information.aspx.
HRD will track each team’s progress on the HRD website during the weeks of October 15, 2012 through November 18, 2012. Whether you make small strides or achieve personal goals, this activity is a step towards your proactive approach to wellness.
Put your pedometer on first thing each morning and keep moving all day long!
You will find mapped out walking routes on the University campus and the corresponding distance, use the maps or create your own path, whichever you choose just get out and walk! A daily tracking sheet can also be downloaded below to tally your individual and team’s steps.