Skip to Top NavigationSkip to Utility NavigationSkip to SearchSkip to Left NavigationSkip to Content
Mobile Menu

Fact Sheet


Type of Institution:

Private, Non-Profit, Tax-exempt under Section 501 (c) (3) of the IRS Code. Date of incorporation and chartered in 1957

Service Area:

The variety of the University’s programs attract a diverse student body from the   urban and general metropolitan area of Hartford, CT, and three-fourths of the states of the United States, and more than 62 countries.


The University of Hartford is accredited by the Board of Higher Education of the   State of Connecticut, and by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges, which accredits schools and colleges in the six New England states.

Board of Regents:

Primary Signatories:

H. Frederick Sweitzer, Provost

Arosha Jayawickrema, Vice President of Finance & Administration

Legal Name:

University of Hartford

Legal Address:

200 Bloomfield Avenue, West Hartford, CT 06117-1545

Office of Sponsored  Programs (OSP) Address:

University of Hartford, Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP), Auerbach Hall, Room 113A, West Hartford, CT 06117-1545


Hartford County

Congressional District:


EIN # (IRS):




CCR Cage #:


Domestic Animal Assurance #:

Link to UH IACUC:

Federal Wide Assurance # (FWA):


Link to UH HSC:

Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Code:

8221 Colleges, Universities & Professional Schools

Indirect Rate (aka) F&A Facilities & Administration/overhead rate

10% for Private Funders (corporate/foundations).  This rate can increase/decrease according to funder’s guidelines.

43% for Public agencies (federal/state). The rate is valid until 6/30/2019 and includes salaries/wages and excludes all other fringe benefits (i.e., Healthcare).

Fiscal Year:

July 1 – June 30

Fringe Rate

(as of March 3, 2017:

Full-time faculty/staff: 33.44%

Part-time faculty/staff/summer work: 8.66%

Students working in the summer: 7.65%

Students not enrolled or when a school break exceeds 5-weeks. Students are ONLY exempt from FICA during the academic year. Students may be exempt if they are enrolled during the school break period.