All full-time undergraduate students must live in on-campus housing and participate in a meal plan during their first two years at the University, barring exceptions listed below.
Exceptions to the Residential Living Requirement are made for students who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Student is studying abroad for the semester
- Student is married and living with spouse
- Student has been granted commuter status (student's permanent address—as used for tax purposes—is within 60 miles of the University’s mailing address and student is living with parent(s) at this address
- Student is 23 years of age or older
- Student has received an exception from the Director of Residential Life due to extenuating circumstances.
International students enrolled through the University Pathway program are required to live on campus. International students enrolled through other programs should work directly with their admissions representative on specific University housing options and requirements.
Apply for an exception
Please email Residential Life at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enforcement and penalties
Students who do not follow the guidelines of the Residential Living Requirement will be in violation of the Code of Student Conduct and will face sanctions as described in the Code. Students not granted an exception will be charged standard pricing for room and board as part of our routine billing procedures.