Residential Life at UHart
Our diverse and vibrant campus community is a great place to make your home while you're in college. Your residential experience will be enhanced by the different people you get to live with, and the lifelong friends you will make!
We are here to help!
Reach out to us with questions.
The Office of Residential Life is available Monday—Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Living on campus is an integral part of the UHart experience. All full-time undergraduate students must live in on-campus housing and participate in a meal plan during their first two years at the University.
At the University of Hartford, our residence halls are your home and where you will make many of your life-long friends. The housing application helps us to determine the best fit for you, in addition to informing us of specific needs or requests.
Below is a summary of important dates to keep in mind! Exact dates will be communicated to you throughout the year through our email communications and reminders.
- Roommate Selection (First-year Students): Early May
- Residential Learning Community (RLC) Applications: Due late May
- Residential Learning Community (RLC) placements are sent: Mid-Late May
- Housing Application (First-year Students): Due mid-June
- First-year student assignments are sent: Late June
- Move-in sign-up begins—students must select a move-in time slot: Mid-July
- Move-in: Occurs the week before the first week of classes.
- Fall Room Changes: Process begins the first full week of September.
- Thanksgiving Break: Soft-close of residence halls on the Saturday before Thanksgiving at 10 a.m. Dining on campus closes on the Friday before at dinner.
- Winter Closing: Residence halls close 10 a.m. after the last day of finals. Dining on campus ends at dinner the day before.
- RA Application Process: Begins mid-late January.
- Spring Opening: Third week of January
- Spring Room Changes: Process begins February 1.
- Spring Break: Soft close on Saturday prior to break at 10 a.m. Dining on campus ends at dinner the day before.
- Housing Applications (Returning Students): Due third Monday of March.
- Housing Selection (Returning Students): Runs the second and third week of April.
- May Closing: Campus closes the day after finals end. Graduating students are allowed on campus until the day of graduation.
Moving To and From Campus
In order for the move-in and move-out process for our students to run smoothly, we've set up some procedures that will help you to prepare for both!