This application is for international students who wish to study English as a Second Language at the University of Hartford. Applicants must be secondary school graduates and over the age of 18.
All applicants must submit the following in order to be considered for admission to the English Language Institute.
1. An application. Download the Application Form
2. Financial guarantor letter. The original University of Hartford Guarantor of Financial Support form must be signed and stamped from a reputable bank. Download the Guarantor's Statement
3. $55.00 application fee. This can be in the form of a check made payable to the University of Hartford. Cash is accepted when applying in person.
4. Original transcript from high school and/or university.
5. Copy of applicant's passport.
6. Original test scores from TOEFL/IELTS, if available.
Clearly scanned copies of the above documents may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or sent by mail to the following address:English Language Institute - A220University of Hartford200 Bloomfield AvenueWest Hartford, CT 06117
For students applying from abroad requesting I-20s from the University of Hartford:
July 1 for Fall semester
December 1 for Spring semester
April 15 for Summer sessions
Students who wish to transfer or are already in the United States on a visa that allows for full- or part-time study should apply at least one week before final registration (the first day of classes) each semester.
This application is for courses in English as a Second Language only. Completion of this application and its acceptance by the English Language Institute does not constitute admission to or consideration for any other programs of study at this University. Those interested in entering a program of study leading to a degree from The University of Hartford should request an application from the Undergraduate Admissions Office or from the appropriate graduate school of the University.