- Kelly Presents at National Communication Association
- Freund Gives Presentations, Receives Award
- Carlson Presents at African Studies Association Conference
- Belanger is Quoted in HR Magazine
Gould Gives a Number of Invited Presentations
Laurence I. Gould, professor of physics, A&S, has given a number of invited presentations during the 2011-12 academic year. They include the following:
1. “Critique of Global Warming” — WatchDog Nation: Radio interview by Ken Capron in Maine (Portland, ME; 1/4/12) http://wmpg.org/
2. “Anthropogenic Global Warming: Illuminating Some of Its Scientific and Methodological Flaws” for the New England Section of the American Association of Physics Teachers Tutorial & Debate (2 hours) at the Fall 2011 Joint Meeting of the New England Sections of the American Physical Society and the American Association of Physics Teachers (UMass, Amherst; 11/19/11)
3. “Science Education and Dangerous ‘Global Warming’: Examining Claims through Critical Thinking in the Classroom” for the National Science Teacher’s Association; sponsored by the American Association of Physics Teachers (Hartford, CT; 10/28/11)
4. “Anthropogenic Global Warming: Illuminating some its Scientific and Methodological Flaws” — hosted by the Department of Physics, Astronomy, and Geophysics (Connecticut College, New London, CT; 12/2/11)
Gould also contributed a poster, "'Global Warming/Climate Change': A Critical Look," for the New England Section of the American Physical Society at the Fall 2011 Joint Meeting of the New England Sections of the American Physical Society and the American Association of Physics Teachers (UMass, Amherst; 11/18/11)
He also hosted the University of Hartford public lecture, “The Climate of Freedom” (3/2/2012) by Viscount Christopher Monckton, who was policy advisor to Margaret Thatcher, former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
Professor Gould continues to be chairman of the Executive Board of the International Symmetry Association (based in Budapest, Hungary).
In addition, he is listed in the 29th edition (2012) of Who's Who in the World.