- United Way Campaign Extended to Dec. 13 — Help Us Reach Our Goal!
- Stuff a Public Safety Cruiser with Toys on Wednesday!
- EAP Newsletter: The Facts About Drinking and Driving
- December Issue of Live Well, Work Well — Taking the Stress Out of Holiday Shopping, and More
Important Blackboard Reminders for Summer and Fall Instructors
Making Your Course Available
All Blackboard courses are created as "unavailable" or invisible to students. Summer instructors using Blackboard need to make courses available to students:
• Log into Blackboard and enter the course.
• In the control panel (under the course menu), select "Customization."
• Select "Properties."
• Under “Set Availability,” select “Yes.”
• Click "Submit."
Getting Your Courses Listed in Blackboard
All courses are created automatically in Blackboard. Courses assigned to "staff" in Banner will not appear in Blackboard, so instructors who do not see their courses listed in Blackboard should contact their departments to be sure they are listed as the instructor in Banner. Instructors who are assigned to take over a course for a colleague should contact the Registrar’s Office to be listed as the instructor for the course in Banner. A new course will be created automatically for the new instructor.
Official Enrollments in Blackboard
All students who are officially enrolled in a course will be enrolled in Blackboard courses automatically. Instructors should check the Banner Self-Service to confirm official enrollments for the course. It takes approximately one business day for enrolled students to appear in Blackboard.
Request a Multisection Course
Instructors who teach multiple sections of the same course can have their courses combined into one Blackboard site. To request a multisection Blackboard course, please fill out a Multisection Course Request Form.
Instructors should be sure to submit the correct CRNs for course requests as the CRN is the basis for the automated student enrollments. It is recommended that instructors submit multi-section requests as soon as possible to avoid delays at the start of term.