- 'Stash It, Don't Trash It' Trailer Sale on Friday
- Invitation to the International Symmetry Association Festival in The Netherlands
- 'Howie's Pit Stop' -- Summer Snack Bar in the Commons!
- How to Help the Oklahoma Tornado Victims
New Training Opportunity: Email Etiquette
The following is a message from Human Resources Development (HRD).
Over the course of the last year, HRD has worked to expand our training program offerings to the University community. Based on the positive feedback that we have received thus far, these efforts have proved successful. Our goal is to continue to identify training opportunities and, in turn, provide programs that our community wants and/or needs.
We are delighted to announce that HRD, in conjunction with ITS, has developed, and will be conducting for the first time, an educational training session titled "Email Etiquette – Diamonds are Forever. Email comes close." This training will provide both practical and policy applications that are important for you to know and understand as a staff employee at the University of Hartford. The agenda for this training program is as follows:
• Review of General Expectations (Staff Employment Manual)
• Review of ITS policies
• Discussion of types of email and appropriate usage
• Creating emails that are sure to be read
• Editing, checking tone, avoiding common errors
• Group Discussion and Q&As
This training will be offered on Tuesday, July 31, from 10 to 11:30 a.m. in GSU 331.
To ensure we have sufficient materials for distribution, please confirm your attendance by contacting EmPOWER at ext. 5785 or by email at email@example.com. A full list of training opportunities can also be found on the EmPOWER website at www.hartford.edu/empower.
We look forward to seeing you soon!