- EAP Newsletter: 'Signs of an Addictive Disorder'
- United Healthcare Member Sweepstakes
- Important Budget Office Deadlines for Fiscal Year-End
- HRD Working to Correct Overcharge on Generic Drug Co-pays
FCLD Fall Seminars: iPad Essentials, VoiceThread, Groups, and More!
The Faculty Center for Learning Development (FCLD) offers ongoing seminars and instruction on a variety of instructional technologies, including Blackboard, the University's learning management system. FCLD will be offering the following seminar series this fall. Unless otherwise indicated, all seminars are held in the Woods Classroom in Mortensen Library (HJG L203C).
Faculty interested in attending should register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 860.768.4661. Detailed descriptions of each seminar may be found on the FCLD website.
Download FCLD's fall calendar of seminars.
Give Your Discussion Board a Voice! Using VoiceThread for Student Engagement
With Frances Altvater, assistant professor of art history, Hillyer College Humanities
Thursday, Oct. 11, 12–1 p.m.
Three's Company or Three's a Crowd? Working with Groups in the Classroom
With Lynne Kelly, professor and director, and Robert Duran, professor, School of Communication in the College of Arts and Sciences
Thursday, Nov. 8, 12:30–1:30 p.m.
TEACHING AND LEARNING WITH THE IPAD
For new iPad users: The iPad Essential Series
• Using Your iPad for Scholarship and Collaboration
Friday, Oct. 12, 11 a.m.–12:15 p.m.
• Teaching and Presenting With Your iPad
Friday, Oct. 26, 11 a.m.–12:15 p.m.
iPad Circle: Using iPads in the Classroom with John Williams, associate professor of mathematics in the College of Arts and Sciences
Friday, Nov. 9, 3–4 p.m., Dana 236
WEBEX WEB CONFERENCING
Hosting a Meeting Using WebEx
Thursday, Oct. 25, 12–1 p.m.
Participate in a WebEx Meeting
Thursday, Nov. 1, 12–1 p.m.
PREPARING TO TEACH ONLINE SERIES
Fridays, Oct. 12–Nov. 16, 1–2:30 p.m.
• Planning and Designing and Online Course, Friday, Oct. 12, 1–2:30 p.m.
• Creating Organized and Effective Instruction in Blackboard, Friday, Oct. 19, 1–2:30 p.m.
• Basic Tools for Online Instruction, Friday, Oct. 26, 1–2:30 p.m.
• Fostering Interaction and Collaboration, Friday, Nov. 2, 1–2:30 p.m.
• Grading, Feedback and Support, Friday, Nov. 9, 1–2:30 p.m.
• Tips and Tricks from Experienced Online Instructors, Friday, Nov. 16, 1–2:30 p.m.
Getting Started with Blackboard
Tuesdays, 12:15–1:30 p.m.