More News for Students
- Sheff to Speak at Fall Commencement
- Apply Now to Become an RFA!
- Apply for 'Express to Success' Spring Break Mentoring Program
- Schedule Your Final Exams at Learning Plus -- Friday Deadline!
'Leadership Quest' Scheduled for Oct. 6 – Open to All Students
The 7th annual student leadership conference, "Leadership Quest," will take place on Saturday, Oct. 6, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., in Gengras Student Union.
This one-day professional conference is FREE and open to all students.
Students can register for Leadership Quest on Career Bridge.
The theme of this year's conference is "The Footprints of Leadership." This year’s presenters will be Hartford Mayor Pedro Segarra; Jared Kupiec, chief of staff for Mayor Segarra; Randi Ashton-Pritting, director of University Libraries; and Amelia Barbagallo, recruiting coordinator for Barnum Financial Group.
This year’s opening and closing sessions will be provided by Christina Lohman of Collegiate Empowerment, who will focus on the topic “You Can’t Lead Others Until You Lead Yourself.”
Don’t miss this opportunity to gain valuable insight into the skills needed to become a leader in today’s rapidly changing world.
In conjunction with Leadership Quest, there will be a four-part Leadership Series for students this year. The Leadership Series topics, dates and locations are listed below.
– October 6, “You Can’t Lead Others Until You Lead Yourself,” 9:55 a.m. and 2 p.m., GSU South Café
– October 28, “Working Your Image,” Miles Washburn, 2 p.m., GSU South Café
– March 16, “Get A Life Outside of the Classroom,” Collegiate Empowerment, 2 p.m., GSU South Café
– April 6, “Passing the Torch,” Collegiate Empowerment, 2 p.m., GSU South Café