More News for Students
- Students and Alumna Create Happy Ending for Lost Child
- Summer Dining Hours
- 'Howie's Pit Stop' -- Summer Snack Bar in the Commons!
- A Record 37 Students Graduate From University Honors Program
Things to Do with Your Parents on Hawktober Weekend
Open houses, a chance to experience University classes, music, sports, a student a cappella and comedy performance, and the Public Radio quiz show “Says You!” are among the wide range of events scheduled for Hawktober Weekend, Oct. 12-14.
Hawktober Weekend, which combines Homecoming and Parents Weekend, will consist of three activity-packed days on campus.
See the complete schedule of activities for Hawktober Weekend.
Highlights of Hawktober Weekend will include:
– A live performance of the Public Radio quiz show, “Says You!”, which will be recorded for broadcast around the country
– A Saturday night performance by student a cappella groups and a student improvisational comedy troupe
– “Classes Without Quizzes,” a traditional favorite in which guests have the opportunity to experience University classes as if they were students
– The Hog River Arts Festival, featuring hand-crafted jewelry, photography, decorative arts and much more
– A Musician Spotlight featuring an array of student musicians who will be performing throughout the afternoon on Saturday
– A variety of performing arts, including a free concert by Performance 20/20, featuring The Hartt School’s premier chamber music students; a concert celebrating the retirement of Hartt faculty member and composer Stephen Michael Gryc; and performances of The Cherry Orchard by Hartt Theatre Division students.
– A wide range of athletic events, including Division I volleyball, soccer, lacrosse, and softball; alumni lacrosse and men’s soccer games; an Athletics Hawktoberfest; and Midnight Mania, your first chance to see the 2012-13 men’s and women’s basketball teams.
– A juried exhibition of works by Hartford Art School alumni in the Silpe Gallery
– A Saturday afternoon barbecue on the Gengras Lawn; a Sunday jazz brunch; a wide range of reunions, receptions, and open houses; and much more!