More Campus News
- Hartt Alumnus Receives Governor's Arts Award
- Eleven UHSSE Graduates to Join UHart’s Class of 2017
- Ivey Elected to Lead Mitchell College Board of Trustees
- Former Public Safety Officer John Vignone, Jr. Passes Away
Final Days to Register to Vote
Stop by the Center for Community Service by Oct. 23 at 2 p.m. to register to vote in Connecticut. Check with the Center for Community Service on voter registration deadlines for other states.
Tuesday, Oct. 23, is the deadline to register to vote in Connecticut, and there will be a number of opportunities to sign up over the next few days.
Students who want to register to vote can stop by the Center for Community Service in GSU Room 209 anytime between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
You can register to vote in Connecticut using your University of Hartford address, OR in your home state. If you are registering to vote in Connecticut, you must sign up at the Center for Community Service no later than 2 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 23. (Check with the Center for Community Service on deadlines for other states.)
In addition to stopping by the Center for Community Service, students also can register at voter registration tables that will be set up on campus on the following dates:
– Thursday, Oct. 18, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Suisman Lounge, GSU
– Saturday, Oct. 20, from 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the University Commons. Saturday's voter registration event is co-sponsored by the Center for Community Service and the Office of Residential Life.
– Tuesday, Oct. 23 (last day to register), from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in Suisman Lounge, GSU
About 600 students have already registered to vote this fall through the Center for Community Service's Hawks Vote 2012 campaign.
All students who register at one of the voter registration tables on campus or at the Center for Community Service will receive a free “Hawks Vote 2012” T-shirt. Faculty and staff can buy the T-shirts from the Center for Community Service (GSU 209) for $5 each.
On Election Day – Tuesday, Nov. 6 – the Center for Community Service will provide free transportation to the Hartford and West Hartford polling places. The Center also will host an Election Day barbecue on the GSU patio.
Visit the Hawks Vote 2012 website for comprehensive information about registering to vote, Election Day transportation to the polls, and much more.