More Campus News
- Hartt Alumnus Receives Governor's Arts Award
- Eleven UHSSE Graduates to Join UHart’s Class of 2017
- Ivey Elected to Lead Mitchell College Board of Trustees
- Summer Construction Gets Underway Across Campus
HAS Alumni Forum: 'Challenging the Myth of the Starving Artist'
The Hartford Art School will hold a series of alumni forums, open to the public, with the over-arching theme, “Challenging the Myth of the Starving Artist,” to explore the various ways in which alumni have used their training and skills to make their way in the world and achieve success.
The first of these forums will take place on Friday, Nov. 9, from 5 to 6:30 p.m. in Wilde Auditorium, and will be followed by a reception.
Alumni taking part in Friday's event will be:
• Sharon Vatsky '79, the director of school and family programs at the Guggenheim Museum
• Simon Liu '81 and his wife Susan Goldberg '78, '81, owners of Simon Liu Inc., a manufacturing company of fine painting supplies.
• Marya Triandofellos '81, a creative executive known for leading teams that drive business results in digital channels, combining visual creativity with business acumen.
• Kathy Mucciolo '90, the senior manager of visual merchandising and store planning at The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
In the format of a moderated panel, the panelists will discuss their careers and how their start at the Hartford Art School led them to success in art business. The second part of this alumni forum series will be held on Friday, March 1, and will include a moderated panel of Hartford Art School alumni discussing their success in the fine arts.
Read more about the panelists at Friday's Alumni Forum.