More News for Students
- Students and Alumna Create Happy Ending for Lost Child
- Summer Dining Hours
- 'Howie's Pit Stop' -- Summer Snack Bar in the Commons!
- A Record 37 Students Graduate From University Honors Program
Feb 20 Basketball Game: FREE T-Shirts, Electronics Giveaways, and More!
Students: Come to the men's basketball game against New Hampshire on Wednesday, Feb. 20, for FREE Founders Day T-shirts, a paper airplane contest – and a chance to win prizes the next day, at the University of Hartford's birthday celebration!
That's right – get a free T-shirt on Wednesday, and wear it on Thursday to win more prizes! Thursday, Feb. 21, is Founders Day, the University of Hartford's 56th birthday.
Here’s how it will work:
- The basketball game begins on Wednesday (Feb. 20) at 7 p.m. Students who attend the game will receive FREE Founders Day T-shirts.
- There will also be a paper airplane contest at halftime, at which participants will make paper airplanes and send them flying toward a target on the basketball court. Prizes will include Beats Headphones and a Mini iPad!
- But it doesn't end there . . . All students who wear the T-shirts to Thursday’s Founders Day festivities on the new bridge will receive a FREE prize, and will be entered into a drawing for larger prizes, including two Kindle Fires!
To receive your free prize and be entered into the drawing for one of the Kindle Fires, wear your Founders Day T-shirt to the ribbon-cutting ceremony for the new bridge on Thursday (Feb. 21) at 12:15 p.m. The ceremony will take place on the Hartt School side of the bridge.
Right after the ribbon-cutting ceremony, there will be a Founders Day Float Contest on the bridge. The drawing will take place immediately after the float contest.
After the events on the bridge, join us as we parade to Gengras Student Union for birthday cake in Suisman Lounge and music from the Pep Band!
Remember, the fun begins on the bridge Thursday at 12:15 p.m.
So come to the basketball game on Wednesday evening, get your free Founders Day T-shirt, and wear it on Thursday at the Founders Day celebration on the bridge!