More News for Students
- Come to Howie's Pit Stop for a Summer Snack!
- Summer Dining Hours -- Updated Information
- Class of 2017 Arrives for Orientation
- A Record 37 Students Graduate From University Honors Program
First-Year Students: Enter the "My Commitment to Community" Competition
Do you want a chance to win up to $500 in Hawk Cash?
The University of Hartford is launching a competition for first-year students entitled "My Commitment to Community." We are asking first-year students to submit their definition of what it means to be “Committed to Community” from a University of Hartford student perspective.
Any first-year student is eligible to participate in this competition. Students are encouraged to use their creativity and are able to submit their definition of what it means to be “Committed to Community” in multiple formats. These submissions may include, but are not limited to, a painting/drawing, creative essay, poem, dance performance, sculpture, song, video, short story, theatrical performance, and so forth. We want to see what “Committed to Community” means to you.
All entries must be submitted in electronic format by March 18 to http://tinyurl.com/b4pw379 to be eligible for consideration. After the submission deadline, a panel of judges will be reviewing all entries and will select a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner. Winners will receive Hawk Cash as a prize in the following amounts:
1st Place - $500 Hawk Cash
2nd Place - $300 Hawk Cash
3rd Place - $150 Hawk Cash
Entries must adhere to the following competition guidelines:
1. Must be a current first-year student.
2. Submissions must focus on what it means to be Committed to Community from a student perspective.
3. Submissions should be in line with the University Values Statement
4. Submissions should contain no vulgarity or inappropriate content.
5. All entries must be submitted by March 18, 2013.
Once the winners are announced, all entries will be made available for public viewing by the University community. Students, faculty, staff, and community members will be able to view the top three submissions, as well as the other entries we receive. We hope you will consider submitting an entry. Best of luck, and let the competition begin!
If you have any questions about this competition contact the Competition Coordinator, Shawn McQuillan, at email@example.com.