More Campus News
- University to Host Preschool Holiday Party on Thursday
- Personality Class Project: Annual Debate on Wednesday
- Graduates Celebrate at Fall Commencement
- Hartt Adds a 'Nutty' Element to This Year's Nutcracker
President Obama’s Visit: Information for the Campus Community
President Barack Obama will speak to current University of Hartford students, faculty, and staff, and White House-invited guests, in the Chase Family Arena of the Sports Center on Monday, April 8.
An email with information about ticket distribution was sent to all students, faculty, and staff late Thursday afternoon. The White House has made more than 1,000 tickets available to University of Hartford students, faculty, and staff.
No tickets are available for the general public. The President’s remarks will be streamed live on whitehouse.gov.
Doors to the Sports Center will open at 2:30 p.m. on Monday for those who have tickets. In his remarks, President Obama is expected to continue asking the American people to join him in calling on Congress to pass measures to reduce gun violence.
Parking, Traffic, and Logistics
As you can imagine, security and access will be tightened dramatically in preparation for this event on our campus. Please note the following modifications to on-campus parking, traffic patterns, and access to the fitness center and Health Services on Sunday and Monday, April 7 and 8.
• On Sunday, April 7, students parked in Lot N must move their cars to any available, legal, non-reserved parking spaces in Lots A-F. If parking is not available in those lots, call Public Safety at 860.768.7985 to be directed to available space. Cars that are not moved from Lot N by 6 a.m. on Monday, April 8 will be towed. Lot N will remain unavailable for student parking until 8 p.m. on Monday, April 8. Cars assigned to Lot N must be returned there by noon on Tuesday, April 9.
• On Monday, April 8, no cars will be allowed to park in any spaces between the K-lots and N Lot. This means no parking in front of or behind the Complexes, in Lots L and M, the Commons loading dock area, and the Sports Center staff lot. Faculty, staff, and students who usually park in these spaces can park in available spaces in K and F Lots or in any legal, non-reserved parking spaces in any lot on campus. If parking is not available in those lots, call Public Safety at 860.768.7985 for direction to available parking.
• Preferred access to and from campus on Monday, April 8, is via the Mark Twain Drive entrance, which is off Albany Avenue, just east of Bloomfield Avenue if you are traveling toward Hartford.
• Vehicle access between the K Lots and Lot N will be blocked to through traffic from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Monday, April 8. Cars and the campus shuttle will not be able to drive completely around the campus.
• A single, widespread stoppage of vehicular traffic on campus should be expected at any time on the afternoon of Monday, April 8. This stoppage will be for all vehicles entering or exiting the campus and will last for an extensive period of time.
Fitness Center, Health Services and Physical Therapy Access:
• On Monday, April 8, the Fitness Center in the Sports Center will close at 10 a.m. and will not resume regular hours until 6 a.m. on Tuesday, April 9.
• On Monday, April 8, Health Services and Campus Physical Therapy will be closed. Click here to locate available health resources on that day.
Thank you in advance for your support and cooperation. Please practice patience and consult this map for a visual guide to help with parking changes. If you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.