- Volunteers Needed for Midnight Breakfast
- Stuff a Public Safety Cruiser with Toys on Dec. 11!
- EAP Newsletter: The Facts About Drinking and Driving
- December Issue of Live Well, Work Well — Taking the Stress Out of Holiday Shopping, and More
Call for Nominations: Outstanding Staff Member Awards
The Outstanding Staff Member Award is presented to a staff member whose on-the-job and beyond-the-job contributions have enhanced the growth and success of the University community. A maximum of five awards are presented annually at the Fall Faculty/Staff Kick-Off.
For consideration, the candidate must meet both objectives noted below:
• On-the-Job Contribution: Candidate shows evidence of being a team player who believes in and demonstrates high quality customer service. Candidate must also demonstrate a high degree of competence in his/her position through actual job performance, career dedication and professional self-development.
• Beyond-the-Job Contribution: Demonstrate how candidate often goes well beyond the duties of their job to help the public, students, parents, faculty, and colleagues. They approach their work with tremendous energy and enthusiasm, and they inspire those around them. This can include additional, unpaid or volunteer activities which help contribute to a positive University image.
Any regular full-time staff member who is not in a supervisory position and who has completed one year of service is eligible for nomination. Contact Lindsay McKeegan, human resources generalist and wellness advocate, at 860.768.4667 or firstname.lastname@example.org if there is a question about an individual’s eligibility status.
Anyone may recommend an eligible staff member for this award by filling out the attached nomination form. (Forms are also available on the HRD Forms Page, under "Miscellaneous.")
To ensure consideration, be sure to address both criteria in your recommendation. Please provide the name(s) of any other person who can supply additional information regarding the candidate’s eligibility for this award.
Please return the nomination form to HRD no later than May 24, 2013.
Supervisors will be notified one week prior to the Fall Faculty/Staff Kick-Off if a member of their staff was selected.